KLAS names top 20 software and service vendors
KLAS on Wednesday announced its annual "2010 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services," ranking the best-performing software and professional service vendors across a wide range of market segments, from EMRs to PACS to Financial/ERP.
The annual list, based on more than 17,000 interviews conducted with healthcare providers over the past year, measures vendors' performance in areas of product quality, implementation and service and support.
The top-rated companies in key market categories earned the "2010 Best in KLAS" distinction, signifying their leadership in meeting customer expectations. The award is reserved for companies in the largest and most impactful market segments.
"Since 1998 the objective of the Best in KLAS Awards report has been to help healthcare providers make informed decisions," said Adam Gale, KLAS president. "This year we have included two new sections in the report – the 'Overall Software Suite Rankings' and 'Disclosure Levels.' The disclosure levels provide a transparent view into the vendor's willingness to share a complete client list with KLAS, which provides a more inclusive assessment of their products' performance. We believe these additions bring clarity to providers when making healthcare technology decisions."
In addition to recognizing the "Best in KLAS" honorees, the report also highlights the highest-performing vendors across all the market segments in which they have rated products or services.
In the 2010 report, Epic is the top-ranked overall software vendor, with a performance score of 87.0 out of 100, followed by Picis and Philips.
The top-rated overall services firm is Hayes Management (90.5), followed by Vitalize Consulting Solutions Inc. and CTG.
For a list of the "2010 Top 20 Best in KLAS Awards: Software & Professional Services," see the next page.
The 2010 "Best in KLAS" vendors for software:
- Acute Care EMR – Epic EpicCare Inpatient EMR
- Ambulatory EMR (more than 100 Physicians) – Epic EpicCare Ambulatory EMR
- Ambulatory EMR (26-100 physicians) – eClinicalWorks EMR
- Ambulatory EMR (6-25 physicians) – Greenway Medical PrimeSuite Chart
- Ambulatory EMR (2-5 physicians) – e-MDs Chart
- Business Intelligence/Reporting – Dimensional Insight The Diver Solution
- Cardiology – Digisonics DigiView
- Community HIS – McKesson Paragon
- Decision Support – Business - Allscripts Sunrise EPSi Decision Support (Eclipsys)
- Document Management and Imaging – MedPlus ChartMaxx
- Emergency Department – Wellsoft EDIS
- Enterprise Scheduling – Unibased Systems Architecture RMS
- Financial/ERP – McKesson Pathways Fin./Materials/HR Mgr
- Homecare – Homecare Homebase
- Laboratory – Siemens Novius Lab
- PACS – DR Systems Unity
- Patient Accounting and Patient Management – Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Pharmacy – Epic Willow
- Practice Management (more than 100 physicians) – Epic Resolute/Prelude/Cadence
- Practice Management (26-100 physicians) – McKesson Horizon Practice Plus
- Practice Management (6-25 physicians) – Greenway Medical PrimeSuite Practice
- Practice Management (2-5 physicians) – e-MDs Bill
- Radiology – Epic Radiant
- Speech Recognition – Nuance eScription
- Surgery Management – Unibased Systems Architecture ORMS
The 2010 "Best in KLAS" vendors for professional services:
- Application Hosting (CIS/ERP/HIS) – Cerner
- Claims and Clearinghouse Services – Navicure
- Clinical Implementation Principal – Deloitte Consulting
- Clinical Implementation Supportive – Innovative Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- Financial ERP Implementation – ACS
- IT Outsourcing (extensive) – CareTech Solutions Inc.
- Planning and Assessment – Impact Advisors
- Revenue Cycle Transformation – Deloitte Consulting
- Technical Services – ACS
- Teleradiology Services – Virtual Radiologic (vRad)
- Transcription Services – Webmedx
The full 2010 "Best in KLAS" report is available to healthcare providers online for a significant discount. To purchase the full report, providers and vendors can visit www.KLASresearch.com/top20.