HIMSSCast: Kidney care innovation is open for business
Dr. John Sedor and Dr. Prabir Roy-Chaudhury join host Jonah Comstock and Healthcare IT News Senior Editor Kat Jercich to discuss innovation in the kidney space, especially the fruits so far of the U.S. government's KidneyX innovation prizes.
- What is KidneyX and what’s its mission
- The Redesigning Dialysis prize competitions
- The implantable kidney and patient innovation prizes
- Why has innovation been so slow in the kidney space?
- Health equity implications of kidney disease
- Kidney disease's "cellphone moment"
- Why patient-centricity is important to innovation
- Remote monitoring and IT infrastructure for kidney care
- What's next for KidneyX?
- The kidney space is open for business — and seeking innovators
- Kidney care Dr. McCoy's way
More about this episode: