Health 2.0 to showcase 10 'hottest' startups
Health 2.0 will unveil 10 of what it bills as "the hottest new companies in healthcare technology" at the Launch! session during Health 2.0 Spring Fling Matchpoint in Boston, May 14-15.
Since its introduction in 2008, Launch! has given more than 55 new and innovative companies a platform for debuting new technologies. Launch! has introduced companies such as Unity Medical, Remedy Ventures, TheCarrot, Univita, Basis and the WSJ's 2010 top startup company, Castlight Health.
Each of the 10 companies will present at Launch! in a series of rapid-fire, back-to-back, four-minute demos. The audience will determine which company gets invited to demo on the main stage during the 6th Annual Health 2.0 Fall Conference in San Francisco.
The companies making their debut are:
- Cobalt Therapeutics – Colbalt Therapeutics has a portfolio of online cognitive behavioral health programs designed to ease the integration of behavioral health into primary care while lowering costs. CEO, Seth Feuerstein, will show the patient experience through Cobalt's online portal.
- HealthSouk – HealthSouk CEO,Neilesh Patel and COO Neal Reiter will show how patients can use HealthSouk's website to perform a detailed search for healthcare services, prices and ratings, as well as a look at how physicians may set available times, prices and confirm appointments.
- Kinergy Health – Kinergy Health COO Neil Agatewill debut MyKinergy, which provides management and communication putting the patients and their caregivers at the center of a secure, private network with healthcare managers, facilities, and other family members.
- RealMealz – RealMealz founder and CEO Connie Kwan has created a Web and mobile application focused on teaching new and occasional cooks the skills, recipes and ingredients needed to make healthy and delicious meals.
- BetterDoctor – BetterDoctor co-founder and CEO Ari Tulla will demo the BetterDoctor web application, which helps users find the best doctor for them using detailed search criteria. Users can search by specialty, insurance plan, ratings and schedule their appointment online.
- function Medicine – function Medicine COO,Jochen Talmon has taken a physical exam to the next level by creating a wellness program based on weekly baseline health assessments. With an interactive dashboard, users are provided a real-time image of their current status and an easy way to communicate with the function Medicine medical team.
- Novi Medicine – Novi Medicine founder Joshua Spanogle has developed a web-based platform that allows dermatologists to diagnose and treat skin conditions over the Internet. Users can submit a form in just 15 minutes, ensuring a quick and private experience.
- Thryve – Thryve CEO Caleb Oller launches the mobile food coach, Thryve, to help users build a happier and healthier life. For users with food sensitivities, or anyone hoping to become more in tune with their diet, Thryve makes it easy for users to track their food intake and how they feel, giving them insight into their body's reaction to certain foods.
- eTherapi – eTherapi CEO Farzad Soleimani showcases an online behavioral health portal that connects those seeking to improve their mental and emotional wellbeing with licensed therapists in a live video-chat format. Soleimani will demo the process of scheduling an appointment and getting connected with a provider.
- onPulse – onPulse founder Corey Booker will demonstrate the secure, online environment that empowers individual health care providers and patients to easily communicate and create connected health teams. Booker will show how the activity of each health unit is measured and how the actionable data is presented, leading to better health outcomes.
"Launch! is a unique platform for new technologies," said Indu Subaiya, Health 2.0 co-chairman and CEO. "We're giving start-ups front row exposure to forward-thinking health care leaders, major companies, and investors – providing innovators with both the opportunity and marketplace to control their own destiny."