The genome is out of the bottle: Embrace the possibilities
The last podcast in this series looks at current opportunities presented by advancements in Precision Medicine. How are healthcare organizations and patients learning to leverage the knowledge locked in our genes? And how can this knowledge become a real opportunity today?
Join Jennifer Girka, healthcare strategist within Dell EMC’s Healthcare & Life Sciences division, as she provides an introduction to precision medicine. Girka is responsible for providing strategic insight to help Dell EMC advance its support of healthcare organizations, medical professionals and patients as they transform healthcare into the digital era. With more than 20 years helping to advance the healthcare industry with new opportunities and emerging technology, she works closely with healthcare customers and practitioners to bring them the right mix of technology innovation and solutions that will help them navigate through the ever-changing and increasingly complex world of healthcare.
• “To Adopt Precision Medicine, Redesign Clinical Care." NEJM Catalyst. February 5, 2017. http://catalyst.nejm.org/adopt-precision-medicine-personalized-health/
• "Partners Data Lake Offers Healthcare Analytics as a Service." Health IT Analytics. March 17, 2016. http://healthitanalytics.com/news/partners-data-lake-offers-healthcare-analytics-as-a-service
• "Personalized Health Planning in Primary Care Settings." Fed Pract. 2016 January;33(1):27-34. http://www.mdedge.com/fedprac/article/105690/personalized-health-planning-primary-care-settings/page/0/1
• Alice Park. "A Powerful New Tool for Editing the Human Genome." Time Magazine. April 4, 2016. http://time.com/4207612/a-scientist-gets-the-green-light-to-edit-the-human-genome/
• City of Hope and Translational Genomics Research Institute combine to advance precision medicine and speed translational research. https://www.tgen.org/home/news/2016-media-releases/tgen-forges-alliance-with-city-of-hope.aspx#.WP9Y0dLyvIU