19. $4 Billion on health related video games
20. $8.9 Billion on resources rating MDs & hospitals
21. According to recent study, the number of adults in the US (ages 18+) using mobile phones for health information grew from 61 million to 75 million this year, while tablet adoption nearly doubled from 15 million to 29 million.
22. 15 % of online consumers surveyed who own three devices and use at least one for a health activity
23. 60% are using all three screens to access health information.
24. Physicians with three screens (tablets, smartphones, and desktops/laptops) spend more time online on each device and go online more often during the workday than physicians with one or two screens
25. Results of survey healthcare extenders- non MD Healthcare professionals who work directly with and on behalf of patients to learn how they are using technology to educate patients
26. 69% use a PC for interacting with patients
27. 55% print out online materials to use with patients during a visit
28. 29% use email for communicating with patients between visits
29. 64% of healthcare extenders believe that technology has impacted the quality of interaction with patients
30. 44% deliver patient education through online video e.g. YouTube
Source: HealthEd Academy
31. 80% of Internet Users look online for health information
32. 20% search for health related content on mobile devices
33. 23% use social media to follow health experiences of friends
34. Health related Google searches are up 47% from last year
35. 81% of consumers click on a sponsored link when looking for health information
Digital Health Startup Funding
36. From Q3 of last year, digital health VC funding has increase 70% in more money and 84% more in deals.