WebMD Health Corp. (Nasdaq: WBMD), a leading source of health information, is unveiling a new suite of innovative products that will further empower and enable consumers and patients through every step of their healthy living journey. As a leading health brand for consumers, WebMD continues to attract the largest, most engaged audience seeking health and wellness information for a purpose. The August 2012 comScore Media Metrix U.S. data released today, which reflects WebMD’s implementation of comScore’s Unified Digital Measurement™ technology, reaffirms that WebMD has the largest number of visitors of any health information site.
“WebMD was an early innovator in mobile health and we continue to lead the industry by creating top-rated healthy living apps, engaging and credible video, interactive slideshows and quizzes and physician-reviewed content across all digital platforms,” said Bill Pence, WebMD COO and CTO. “WebMD simplifies the search for trusted answers to immediate health and wellness questions by providing multi-screen content that empowers and enables health decisions anytime, anywhere.”
As the number one most trusted consumer brand in the U.S., WebMD is uniquely positioned to empower and enable health decisions every step of the way by providing consumers, patients and physicians with the tools and information they need to make informed health decisions.
WebMD’s New Offerings
WebMD’s suite of new innovations includes:
- WebMD recently launched the WebMD Baby App on Android. The WebMD Baby App, which first launched on the iPhone, has been downloaded by new parents more than 400,000 times and users return to the app over 6 times per month.
- WebMD the Magazine has recently unveiled a new design of the print edition for doctors’ offices and its Apple app with an increased focus on healthy living. The print edition is available in doctor’s offices, and the magazine is also available as an interactive iPad app. The fresh new look inspires readers to take charge of their health and features more healthy living information, in-depth celebrity coverage, new integration of online content and at least 100 pages of content in each issue.
- WebMD will be releasing WebMD Pain Coach, an app for people living with chronic pain conditions that provides a holistic approach to balancing lifestyle with chronic pain. Marketers are being offered condition-based exclusivity for back pain, neck pain, nerve pain, fibromyalgia, migraine, osteoarthritis, and rheumatoid arthritis.
· WebMD is providing visitors with the answers to their condition and lifestyle-related questions through WebMD Answers. WebMD Answers will be integrated into the entire WebMD multi-screen experience and provides a personalized experience where health-related questions can be asked and answered in a trusted environment.
· WebMD will add to its success in developing life-stage apps by reaching pregnant women through the WebMD Pregnancy App. The app will have the look and feel that moms love with WebMD Baby, including multimedia content, physician-reviewed health information, and tracking of doctor visits. Marketers will be able to integrate content on the app similar to WebMD Baby, including customized mobile media and sponsorship products to extend their online campaigns into mobile.
The Way Consumers Seek Health Content Is Evolving
As the definition of health is expanding to include living a healthy lifestyle, WebMD has seen an increased interest in the lifestyle areas across beauty, diet, food & fitness and family & pregnancy. In response to consumer demand for relevant, trusted information on how to lead a healthier lifestyle, WebMD is making significant investments in its lifestyle portfolio, creating proprietary content and tools that are inspirational, motivational and informative and that help individuals live a healthy lifestyle.
Consumers come to WebMD for trusted answers to health and wellness questions for themselves and their families, whether through desktop, tablet or smartphone. WebMD is where consumers seek information to better understand the impact of their lifestyle choices when they are healthy and through the continuum of care when they are ill.
“WebMD is the most visited health information site,” said Bill Pence, WebMD COO and CTO. “Of the tens of millions of people who visit WebMD every month, more than seven out of 10 are women, the Chief Lifestyle Officer in the household.”
Health is one of the fastest growing content categories on mobile. WebMD provides health information when a consumer wants it with its multi-screen platform; whether accessing webmd.com for expert tips and exclusive video content, reading the latest issue of WebMD the Magazine at the doctor’s office or on an iPad, or keeping track of the latest activities of a newborn on the WebMD Baby App for iPhone and Android.
WebMD Leads in Mobile Health:
· WebMD’s consumer app is available for free on multiple platforms: the iPhone, iPad, Android and Kindle Fire. It is consistently a top 10 app in the Health and Fitness category.
· WebMD Baby App users view an average of 21 pages per visit and spend over 11 minutes per session. In addition to the standard baby trackers required for new parents, WebMD Baby features tips, videos and articles refreshed every week, selected based on the age of the baby.
· WebMD the Magazine is the #1 downloaded health magazine app in Apple's Newsstand and a top 10 overall health app in the iPad App Store.
· WebMD is a fully optimized mobile health site, enhancing both the consumer and marketer/brand experience.
WebMD Health Corp. (NASDAQ: WBMD) is the leading provider of health information services, serving consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers, and health plans through our public and private online portals, mobile platforms and health-focused publications.
The WebMD Health Network includes WebMD Health, Medscape, MedicineNet, emedicineHealth, RxList, theheart.org, Medscape Education and other owned WebMD sites.
All statements contained in this press release, other than statements of historical fact, are forward-looking statements, including those regarding: our expectations concerning market opportunities and our ability to capitalize on them; and the benefits expected from new products or services. These statements speak only as of the date of this press release and are based on our current plans and expectations, and they involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual future events or results to be different than those described in or implied by such forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include those relating to: market acceptance of our products and services; relationships with customers and strategic partners; and changes in economic, political or regulatory conditions or other trends affecting the healthcare, Internet and information technology industries. Further information about these matters can be found in our Securities and Exchange Commission filings.