MGMA-ACMPE announced today that William S. Henderson, FACMPE, administrator, The Neurology Group LLP, Albany, N.Y.; and David P. Taylor, FACMPE, FACHE, vice president Regional Services, CoxHealth, Springfield, Mo., will serve as Board co-chairs of MGMA-ACMPE.*
The Medical Group Management Association (MGMA) and American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE) were formerly separate entities with separate governance structures, but in October 2011, members of both organizations voted to form the new Association.
Stephen A. Dickens, JD, FACMPE, FACHE, risk management specialist, State Volunteer Mutual Insurance Co, Brentwood, Tenn., will serve as vice chair of the MGMA-ACMPE Board of Directors.
Nancy R. Babbitt, FACMPE, consultant/speaker/author, Babbitt and Associates, Cumming, Ga.; and D. Cheryl Erins, MBA, FACMPE, consultant, Practice Management Solutions Inc., Three Rivers, Mich., will continue to serve as immediate past co-chairs and members of the MGMA-ACMPE Executive Committee.
New members appointed to the MGMA-ACMPE Board of Directors include Julie A. Lineberger, MBA, FACMPE, administrator, Surgical Care Affiliates, Nampa, Idaho; and Marie S. Walton, CMPE , vice president of Client Services, iMed Group Ltd, Houston.
Returning MGMA-ACMPE Board members include:
- Ronald W. Holder, Jr., MHA, FACMPE, administrator and vice chair, Finance and Administration, Department of Medicine, Scott & White Healthcare, Temple, Texas
- Vivian (Skip) M. Kasprzak, FACMPE, Sunrise Group Practice Solutions, LLC, Jones, Mich.
- Brian P. Kelly, MBA, CMPE, chief executive officer, Women’s Healthcare Associates LLC, Beaverton, Ore.
- Nancy A. Martin, MBA, CMPE, administrator, Canton Aultman Emergency Physicians, Canton, Ohio
- Cesar A. Ortiz, MBA, FACMPE, chief executive officer, Primehealth Physicians, LLC, Miami
- Gary C. Paavola, MBA, CMPE, executive director, Michigan Vascular Center, Flint, Mich.
- Ronald G. Rehn, DHA, MPA, CMPE, chief executive officer, Colville (Wash.) Medical Center PS, Northeast Washington Medical Group
- Linda L. Roueche, FACMPE, Midwest Neurosurgery Associates/Research Neuroscience Institute, Kansas City, Mo.
- Mickey Smith, CMPE, FACHE, FHFMA, chief executive officer, Oak Hill Hospital, Brooksville, Fla.
- Susan Turney, MD, MS, FACP, FACMPE, president and chief executive officer, MGMA-ACMPE, Englewood, Colo.
- Rick E. Weymier, MBA, FACMPE, director, Navigant Consulting, Inc, Dallas
- Debra J. Wiggs, FACMPE, vice president of physician services, St. Joseph Regional Medical Center, Lewiston, Idaho
* The Association will transition to a single chair of the Board of Directors during the 2013-14 Board of Directors cycle.