H.I.T. Men and Women to pick up awards at HIMSS12
Healthcare IT News has announced the results of its third annual H.I.T.Men and Women Awards, honoring top leaders in healthcare information technology.
Healthcare IT News readers chose nine men and women for the awards. The honorees span the breadth and depth of the healthcare IT industry and include policymakers, healthcare providers, technology vendors and healthcare payers.
More than 1,500 readers voted. The top leaders were selected from dozens of nominations in each of three categories:
- Enhancing Patient Care through Health IT
- Shapers and Influencers
- Innovators, Up and Coming
The following honorees will be awarded at the 3rd annual H.I.T.Men and Women event at the Venetian Las Vegas on Feb. 22 at HIMSS12:
Category: Enhancing Patient Care through Health IT
- Marc Probst, vice president and CIO of Intermountain Healthcare
- Linda Justice, manager of clinical analytics at Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System
- Joyce Sensmeier, vice president of informatics at HIMSS
[See also: Nurse informaticists boost leadership role.]
Category: Shapers and Influencers
- Karen Bowling, chief information officer of St. Joseph Hospital, Bangor, Maine
- Farzad Mostashari, MD, national coordinator for health information technology
- Paul Tang, MD, vice president, chief innovation and technology officer of Palo Alto Medical
[See also: Federal panel votes to delay Stage 2 meaningful use by a year.]
Category: Innovators, Up and Coming
- Jason Boyd, chief executive officer of Nashville General Hospital
- Watson, IBM’s Super Computer
- Michael Krouse, chief information officer of OhioHealth System
[See also: IBM unveils new Watson-based analytics capabilities.]
Healthcare IT News and event founder emids, as well as deluxe sponsor Xerox, will celebrate this year’s HITMen and Women at a reception in their honor, Wednesday, Feb. 22, from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at the Venetian Resort and Casino, Bellini Room 2005, during HIMSS12 in Las Vegas.