Epic tops 2011 Best in KLAS Awards
KLAS has unveiled its annual "Best in KLAS Awards" for software and professional services in 2011, ranking the best-performing healthcare IT vendors in more than 100 market segments based on ratings from over 18,000 interviews with healthcare providers.
Epic was the top-ranked overall software vendor with a score of 87.1 out of 100. MaxIT Healthcare garnered top ratings for professional services, with an 88.7 score.
Previously known as "Top 20 Best in KLAS," the research firm has renamed the awards "Best in KLAS," and surveyed new market segments in the report, including clinical decision support products, self-service patient kiosks and more.
[See also: KLAS names top 20 software and service vendors.]
This year's report notes that certain systems have more successful go-lives than others – those with the lowest risks were interface engines, RTLS, health information exchange and revenue cycle and patient flow management, officials say. IT segments still struggling with the go-live process included anesthesia, medication administration, ambulatory EMRs, practice management and patient accounting/patient management.
“Since 1998, KLAS has been committed to helping healthcare providers make decisions based on candid peer feedback,” says KLAS President Adam Gale. “Best in KLAS rankings mark those vendors who best keep their promises in their market segments for offering a combination of superior products, strong service, and high customer value. We hope these ratings continue to help providers find transparency from their vendors in making purchasing decisions.”
See the next page for the list of "Best in KLAS Awards"
The 2011 Best in KLAS vendors for software:
- Acute Care EMR – Epic EpicCare Inpatient EMR
- Ambulatory EMR (more than 75 physicians) – Epic EpicCare Ambulatory EMR
- Ambulatory EMR (11-75 physicians) – athenahealth athenaClinicals
- Ambulatory EMR (1-10 physicians) – Amazing Charts
- Business Intelligence/Reporting – Dimensional Insight The Diver Solution
- Cardiology – Digisonics DigiView
- Community HIS – McKesson Paragon
- Document Management and Imaging – MedPlus/Quest Diagnostics ChartMaxx
- Emergency Department – Tie between Epic ASAP ED and MEDHOST EDMS
- Enterprise Scheduling – Unibased USA RMS
- Financial/ERP – Oracle PeopleSoft Enterprise
- Homecare – Homecare Homebase
- Laboratory – Siemens Novius Lab
- Oncology – Elekta MOSAIQ
- PACS – DR Systems Unity PACS
- Patient Accounting and Patient Management – Epic Resolute Hospital Billing
- Pharmacy – Epic Willow
- Practice Management (more than 75 physicians) – Epic Resolute/Prelude/Cadence
- Practice Management (11-75 physicians) – Greenway Medical PrimeSuite Practice
- Practice Management (1-10 physicians) – Greenway Medical PrimeSuite Practice
- Radiology – Epic Radiant
- Speech Recognition – Nuance eScription
- Surgery Management – Epic OpTime
The 2011 Best in KLAS vendors for services:
- Application Hosting (CIS/ERP/HIS) – Cerner
- Claims and Clearinghouse Services – ZirMed
- Clinical Implementation Principal – Impact Advisors
- Clinical Implementation Supportive – Innovative Healthcare Solutions Inc.
- Financial ERP Implementation – ACS
- Extended Business Office – PwC
- IT Outsourcing (Extensive) – CareTech Solutions Inc.
- Planning and Assessment – Tie between Cumberland and Encore
- Revenue Cycle Transformation – PwC
- Technical Services – Orchestrate Healthcare
- Teleradiology Services – Teleradiology Solutions (TRS)
- Transcription Services – TransTech Medical Solutions